What a Year - thank you!
• Office refurbishment – we undertook a refurbishment of the offices, repainting internally and externally, replacing the carpet throughout and replacing the fluorescent lighting with more friendly and efficient LED lighting.
• Bathroom refurbishment – all bathrooms within the office have been refreshed and updated.
• COVID-19 –
- when COVID -19 hit we worked internally to make sure that all staff had the ability to work from home to ensure we seamlessly continued to support and service our clients’ needs.
- we also developed a COVID-19 Hub on our website to keep our staff and clients up to date with all the support and concessions available from both a State and Federal Government perspective.
- we collectively spent thousands of hours helping our clients access many millions of dollars in Federal and State Government support, thus mitigating to a large extent the devastating effect of Covid-19 on clients and their staff. We feel the support our staff have offered clients has resulted in many of our finest hours, and we sincerely thank our staff for their efforts which went above and beyond for much of the year.
• First aid – We have recently put 6 of our staff through a first aid course, and updated our first aid supplies on site, to ensure that we have the resources and skills available to assist in the unlikely event that they are required in the office.
• Defibrillator – We noticed there were no defibrillators on the defibrillator register on the Tamar Street side of Launceston, so we purchased one. This is available near reception if “God Forbid” it is ever needed. Our staff have also been trained in the use of this device as well as in CPR.
• Signage – Over the Christmas shut down new signage will be installed, both externally and internally in our building to finalise the refurbishment started at the end of last year.
• IT infrastructure upgrade – We have undertaken a significant investment in our IT and server infrastructure to ensure that we can meet the growing demands of our clients and staff well into the future.
• Videoconferencing – We have the ability to participate in and host videoconference meetings using Microsoft Teams and Zoom and have a high quality dedicated videoconferencing device installed in the boardroom.
• Meeting rooms – our 2 meeting rooms have been equipped with big screen TVs and computers to enable onsite and electronic delivery of presentations as required.
• Wi-Fi – We have installed strong, fast and secure Wi-Fi access that can be seamlessly made available to clients as required when they are in the office.
We are confident that the investments we have made, and continue to make, result in the firm and our premises being a more inviting and productive place for our clients to meet and our staff to work.
Ruddicks office will be closed for the festive break from midday 23 December 2020 and reopening at 8am on Monday 11 January 2021.
Nobody could have predicted, back in January, what a year 2020 would turn out to be.
The partners and staff at Ruddicks wish to sincerely thank our clients for their continued support to us, their employees and the Tasmanian community through this most challenging of years. With business and consumer confidence at significant highs leading up to Christmas, we look forward to 2021 with great optimism.
We wish you all a wonderful and restful festive season and look forward to working with you again in the New Year.